ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT FOR NEXT STEP's ONLINE MCAT COURSE
Next Step MCAT Course and Content are for Next Step students only: All MCAT Course login credentials, content, materials, information, and structure, including but not limited to: written content, digital materials, videos, lectures, recordings, visual and audio aids, and all content that you will receive or have access to during your enrollment in the MCAT Course, (collectively, “Content”) is for your personal use only and may not be shared, resold, auctioned, or transferred to another person or entity in any manner. You agree that your enrollment in the MCAT Course is for the sole purpose of your personal preparation and study for taking the MCAT exam. You will not use any Content to compete with Next Step, and you will not provide any Content to any person or entity for use in competing with Next Step.
Copyright and Non-Duplication: Content is protected by copyright law. You are strictly prohibited from downloading, recording, duplicating or reproducing any Content in any manner or medium under any circumstances unless you obtain Next Step’s written permission. If you are found to be in violation, you will be subject to disciplinary and legal action, including but not limited to any or all of the following:
- Immediate termination of enrollment in the MCAT Course;
- Forfeiture of tuition paid and any refund due for any unused portion of the MCAT Course;
- Exclusion from enrolling in any future Next Step programs; and
- Possibility of civil penalties and criminal prosecution.Willful Infringement of copyrighted works may result in federal imprisonment of up to five years and $250,000 in fines.
Next Step MCAT Score Guarantee: We offer a Next Step MCAT Score Guarantee (“Next Step Guarantee”) that may allow students to qualify for money back or a free repeat of the MCAT Course. The guarantee may be used only once per enrollment to either extend access to the course or receive a refund.
The following applies to both the Refund and Repeat uses of the Next Step Score Guarantee:
- Must request either extension or refund within 90 days of account expiration date.
- If a third party purchased the MCAT Course on your behalf or if your MCAT Course was purchased through an authorized reseller instead of directly through Next Step, you do not qualify for the Next Step Guarantee. If you have already re-taken the MCAT Course once or received a full or partial refund for any reason at all you do not qualify for the Next Step Guarantee.
In order to qualify for the free repeat portion of the Next Step Guarantee you must meet the following conditions:
- If you are not yet ready to take the MCAT at the end of your initial enrollment period you must notify us within 90 days of your account expiration that you would like to extend your access.
- If you have taken the MCAT and are not satisfied with your score, no matter what the score is, you are eligible for an extension if it is requested within 90 days of your account expiration.
If you have already re-taken the MCAT Course once or received a full or partial refund for any reason at all you do not qualify for the Next Step Guarantee.
In order to qualify for the refund portion of the Next Step Guarantee the following must apply:
- You are a first-time user of the MCAT Course and have paid in full.
- You did not request the free repeat of the course previously.
- If you have an official score for the last MCAT exam you took within the 6 months prior to enrolling in the MCAT Course, you emailed it to [email protected] prior to taking the first practice exam in the MCAT Course. If you do not have an official MCAT exam score, you took the half-length diagnostic test in the MCAT Course under test day conditions within two (2) weeks of your first login; or, you had taken the half-length diagnostic exam within the 6 months previous to enrolling in the course. Test day conditions means you took the test in one sitting, timed with only authorized breaks, and without using outside materials. If you do have an official MCAT exam score and emailed it as required above, this is your “Previous Score.” If you do not have an official MCAT score, and you took the half-length diagnostic test in the MCAT Course as required above, this is your “Previous Score.”
- You completed the entire MCAT Course: watched all of the core lesson videos in full, took at least five (5) of the ten (10) full-length practice tests and two (2) of the AAMC tests, and completed the half-length diagnostic exams.
- To qualify for the refund component, you took the Official MCAT test when it was next administered after completion of the MCAT Course and received a new official score (“New Score”).
- You share your New Score with Next Step no later than 90 days after the expiration date of your course enrollment.
If the above qualifications are met, and your New Score is not at least ONE (1) point higher than your Previous Score, you are eligible to receive a refund of the tuition fees.
Refund Policy: A full refund for all amounts paid is available within twenty-four (24) hours of purchase. Except for the Next Step Guarantee, no other refunds are available.
Technical Requirements: The MCAT Course will be supported on the up-to-date versions of Chrome, Microsoft, Safari, and Firefox browsers. You should maintain updated versions of these browsers for the MCAT Course to work correctly. Next Step will make every effort to ensure continuous access to the MCAT Course, but there may be scheduled and unscheduled downtime due to technical issues.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability: NEXT STEP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE MCAT COURSE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, THE CONTENT, AND INSTRUCTORS.
Arbitration and Class/Collective Action Waiver Any and all disputes arising from or related to this Enrollment Agreement, other than disputes relating to intellectual property infringement, including whether the dispute may be arbitrated and the scope of this arbitration agreement, shall be finally resolved by arbitration administered by a single arbitrator under the then-applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association in accordance the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitration shall be governed by and construed by federal law to the fullest extent possible. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the arbitration shall take place in Chicago, Illinois. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. To the maximum extent permitted by law, should you wish to initiate a legal action against Next Step, you waive any right or ability to be a class or collective action representative or to otherwise participate in any putative or certified class, collective or multi-party action or proceeding based on such a claim in which Next Step or a related entity is a party. The same applies to Next Step’s legal actions against you. Thus, you and Next Step agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class. Further, unless both you and Next Step agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over a representative or class proceeding.
Severability If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be construed by limiting it to make it enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remainder of this Enrollment Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. BY CLICKING SUBMIT, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY INCLUDING ALL INCLUDED LINKS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY: