Thank You For Your Interest In Our LSAT Tutoring
Thank you for your interest in our 1-on-1 tutoring services for the LSAT. One of our academic directors with over 8 years of experience in LSAT prep will contact you within 24 hours.
What to expect during your consultation: Your consultation with one of our test prep experts will last for 15-20 minutes. During that time you should expect to cover:
- Any questions you have about the LSAT or law school admissions
- Past study efforts or scores if you have already taken the LSAT
- Your test date and application timeline
- Any questions you have about our one-on-one LSAT tutoring program
What to expect if you decide to work with us: Your LSAT tutoring program will be customized for you based on your timeline, diagnostic scores, and goals for law school admissions. We start by working with you to develop a custom study plan (although the specifics often change as you move through the program and your needs change). Then, at each session you will review the homework and do new practice together. You and your tutor will focus on key strategies and work on developing weaknesses and polishing strengths. You can spend as much (or as little!) time as you want on certain parts of the exam. Want to spend 95% of your time on logical reasoning? No problem! Need to focus exclusively on the reading comprehension? Again, no problem! Your tutor will help you raise your score through targeted work.
Who are our tutors? At Next Step, we realize that excellent tutors have three simple things: experience, expertise, and teaching ability.
1. Experience There’s no substitute for it! Good teaching requires experience. Unlike other test prep companies that don’t require any experience, all of our tutors have significant teaching experience before they even walk into an interview with us.
2. Expertise Your tutor will be a LSAT expert. We are exceptionally selective in our hiring, so you will have a real LSAT expert who has taken the exam and achieved a top score.
3. Teaching Ability It’s not enough to have experience teaching, you’ve actually got to be good at it! All of our tutors go through a rigorous evaluation (most don’t get hired because the evaluation is so selective). Our tutors demonstrate that they have the skills needed to help you excel.
Want to know what our students think? Here are a couple of testimonials from some of our students: “Next Step Test Prep was by far the biggest reason for my score increase. My LSAT tutor was a Harvard grad with a perfect score! Can’t really ask for much more than that. We were able to meet about 15 minutes from my home and on my schedule. I took a Kaplan course and a portion of a Testmasters course before finding Next Step. In those courses I was in a class setting and if you don’t understand it you’re out of luck, because they won’t hold everyone up for you. So I ended up spending too little time on things I needed help with and too much time on things I didn’t. With Next Step you go at your pace 100% and if you don’t understand something you don’t just move on to keep up with a schedule, they make sure you understand to the best of your ability. All in all I was at a better understanding of the material in just a few sessions with my private LSAT tutor than I was when I was finished the entire Kaplan course. I would recommend Next Step to any person who really wants to get that score they are dreaming of. You still have to work but the staff makes it that much easier to learn. So you if you’re a person who benefits from one on one help and top notch service, this is the company to use, you won’t regret it!” – Greg K., Next Step LSAT Student “Ivan was an exceptional tutor. He possessed a great deal of knowledge about the LSAT and insight into how to master the techniques associated with taking the test. Most importantly, he was able to pass the insight along to me. His immense skill allowed him to not only identify where I was making mistakes and why, but to teach me the “”tricks” necessary to rectify these mistakes. This is what enabled me to go from a 152 on my diagnostic test to a 173 on test day. Upon first working with Ivan he told me that eventually taking the test would become a robotic task, one I could master. It was with his advice, expertise and knowledge that this was able to become a reality for me.” – Lara, Next Step LSAT Student
LSAT is a registered trademark of the Law School Admissions Council.