Online MCAT Classes & Courses
Customized just for you
Next Step’s MCAT Course has more of everything you need. More books, more online resources, and the world’s best instructors, all for about half the price of a course from any other major test prep company.
Students in our test cohort showed an average increase of 9 to 10 points
That’s a big claim, we know. Read more to see how we back that up with our MCAT classes. Here’s the preview:
- A personalized study schedule, generated to fit your specific needs, with daily course assignments from first day to test day
- All of the released AAMC full-length MCAT exams and all of Next Step’s full-length MCAT exams; take full-length exams or practice section-by-section to improve your test taking skills
- 100+ hours of core teaching videos available on-demand
- 10+ hours of live office hours and strategy sessions every week (recordings available)
- 1,000-question online discrete Question Bank
- Over 10,000 total practice content and multiple-choice questions included across all of your course materials
- Unbeatable Support: Live office hours to get answers from our top MCAT experts, email support, access to our Next Step forums, and a 1-on-1 personal orientation to the course when you start
- Industry Leading Instructor Guarantee (only 98%+ scorers, with at least 4 years of teaching experience)
- Next Step score guarantee: if you don’t improve you can extend the course or get a refund*
- A strong focus on test-taking strategies and AAMC-style critical-thinking skills
- Brought to you by Next Step – over 35,000 MCAT students have worked with our materials since the new test launched in 2015
The course is great at preparing you for only the relevant topics that will be seen on the MCAT. Furthermore, the way the class is set up forces you to understand topics rather than memorize, which allows for greater critical thinking capacity during tests when applying relevant information to different topics. Finally, the study schedule revisits topics consistently so you don’t just “learn and forget”.
– CB, Next Step MCAT Class Student
Want to test drive the course?
Our free demo includes:
Half length diagnostic exam
One full-length MCAT practice test
First lesson of our course and a selection of our content review videos
You’ll be emailed an access code to test-drive the course within 15 minutes. If our course isn’t a good fit, keep the resources for free.
MCAT prep as unique as you
MCAT Prep Course Customized To Your Unique Needs
Our online course revolves around a self-paced review of videos covering core lessons to help get you into medical school. It is supplemented by 10+ hours per week of live group office hours led by a live instructor as well as thousands of practice passages and questions. The first thing you’ll do is answer a few simple questions and our adaptive system will generate a dynamic, customized study plan for you.
- How long you will be studying for the MCAT (1-6 months)
- How intensely you’ll be studying (full-time, part-time, <10 hours/week)
- Your key content areas of concern
Our proprietary platform generates a detailed MCAT study plan and day-by-day schedule to ensure that you will be successful on test day.
On a tight timeline?
When you take Next Step’s Online MCAT Class, you can choose between between 2 different customized study plan options. The full-length course study plan allows for personalized content and strategy focus over 1 to 6 months. The express study plan focuses on strategy and is designed to be completed in a prep period of 30-45 days.
Will you be ready on test day?
We know exactly what you need to succeed
The core of our MCAT preparation program is a series of twenty lessons taught by Bryan Schnedeker and Dr. Anthony Lafond. Bryan and Dr. Lafond have each been teaching and tutoring MCAT students for over a decade, and now their expertise is available to you in these lessons.
- You’ll pre-read specific chapters from our Content Review books (also available as secure online PDFs)
- Alongside your coursebook, you’ll learn with the core lesson video at your own pace and work through dozens of MCAT questions integrated seamlessly into the lessons
- You’ll review the topic through problems in our MCAT Question Bank
- You’ll bring any questions you have to our weekly live online MCAT office hours led by our team of MCAT experts (including Anthony and Bryan)
Perhaps most importantly, at regular intervals you’ll be assigned a timed section and then full-length practice exams to track your progress.
You will be led by world class MCAT experts
Who is your teacher?
It’s so simple, but SO important. Before you enroll in any MCAT program, ask “Who is my teacher?” If a company won’t (or can’t!) tell you, then you don’t want to invest your time and money with them. At Next Step, we understand the value that excellent teachers bring to the classroom. We only hire the best, and our online course classes and office hours are only produced and staffed by our most senior staff.
Through our comprehensive MCAT curriculum
Engaging videos utilizing problem-based learning
Over 150 practice passages
Over 4000 MCAT Practice Questions
Additional MCAT Prep Books
The MCAT Question Book provides 2,000 discrete MCAT science questions to hone content knowledge as you work through the course. Our Coursebook is designed to be your companion as you work your way through your online syllabus. The Verbal Practice book is our best-selling MCAT prep book, designed to give you even more practice on what many students find to be the most challenging section of the MCAT.
- Mimics what you will see on test day. Our interface is designed to replicate the look and feel of the real MCAT, including highlighting, answer cross-out, and the correct one-question-per-page format.
- Built from the ground up for the new exam. The passages mimic the experimental focus and bio-heavy nature of the revised exam, with no “re-used” passages that were written for the old test.
- Continuously updated. In January 2016 we re-balanced and re-scored our exams based on feedback from over 10,000 students who used our diagnostic and full-length exams in 2015. We continuously tweak and update our exams to provide the most MCAT-like experience possible.
Full Answers and Explanations:
- Statistical performance breakdowns. After taking the MCAT practice test, understand how you performed in each section, broken down by AAMC’s topic area sub-categories and cognitive skill categories.
- All of the full-length exams and the half-length diagnostic have been updated to reflect the new data released from the AAMC in 2015.
- Simulation of the new Psychological Foundations section. Our passages, written by professional psychologists working with veteran MCAT instructors, provide the most realistic and challenging practice possible for the new psychology and sociology content.
AAMC Official Guide Passages and Next Step Question Bank
You will get access to our online Qbank with 1,000 science questions (as well as Next Step’s QBook with over 2,000 more). Use our tools to isolate questions in your areas of weakness. Every question was written for the revised MCAT, and every question has complete explanations. You will also get to continue your practice with real AAMC questions in the online Official Guide passage sets.
Interactive Recorded Videos
You’ll have access to over 100 hours of video, all with integrated quizzing, streaming in HD to any device:
- Twenty 2.5-3 hour core sessions
- One hundred science review videos on the trickiest MCAT topics (Electrochemistry! Buoyant Force!) (See full list)
- Strategy Review and AAMC Full-Length MCAT review videos (also available as live office hours)
Live Office Hours
Eventually, every MCAT student will identify key areas of weakness in his or her performance that can’t be resolved by continuous drilling. That’s where our live office hours and strategy sessions come in.
- Scheduled review sessions for each of of the core sessions. Students don’t need to start our program on a particular timeline, since we run review calendars for popular test dates. For example, students starting our program on April 1 for an August test date can join a review of Core Lesson 1 the first week, Core lesson 2 the second week, etc.
- Full-length reviews. We schedule reviews of both the AAMC questions and Next Step exams on a rolling basis
- Work with our expert instructors – not junior TAs. Bryan, Anthony, Clara, Andrew, and Phil actively lead every office hour session – you never work with a junior instructor who scored a 512 last month or a re-trained SAT instructor
World’s best MCAT instructors & Tutors
To be the best, work with the best MCAT instructors
For decades, in-person MCAT test prep courses have had incredibly spotty instructor quality. When a big company has to hire 1,000 new instructors every year, it is inevitable that many of them are grossly underqualified. When you take Next Step’s Online MCAT Class, you are guaranteed to work through a program designed and taught by the nation’s best MCAT experts.
Bryan Schnedeker is Next Step’s Vice President for MCAT Development. Bryan has over 15 years of experience teaching the MCAT. He taught for over a decade at one of the major preparation companies. He scored a 525 on the 2015 MCAT and a 44 on the old exam (both high 99th percentile MCAT scores). Bryan has written dozens of MCAT passages and hundreds of pages of MCAT books. His writing on the MCAT has been featured in US News and World Report.
Here’s what Bryan’s last student said about him:
When I initially took the MCAT Diagnostic Test, I scored a 496. Then with Bryan’s help, I was able to get my score to a 512. His daily schedule and valuable hints/tools really made the difference. Would recommend 100%!! It truly made the difference between medical school being a dream versus medical school being a reality. Next Step knows what they’re doing with a proven method. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking to improve their score. – DM
Clara Gillan has been a full-time MCAT instructor since graduating from USC 4 years ago. She scored a 526 on her own MCAT. She has worked with hundreds of students. Taking a lead role in developing Next Step’s MCAT practice tests and questions, Clara combines a strong background in biology with a “AAMC voice”.
Here’s what Clara’s last student said about her:
Guess who got a 514? I DID!!!!! I attached the picture of my breakdown. I killed psych- obviously!! Physics and bio were also amazing. verbal really was poor, but exactly where I was practicing so I can’t beat myself up about it now. I am very very happy and very relieved. I know you say I could have done it without you- but I don’t think that’s true. You have been an integral part of my experience and I thank you a thousand times over for being there for me to emotionally and academically. I will keep in touch down my journey. If you have time- CALL ME! I want to freak out!!! THANKS A MILLION CLARA!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!” – RF
Phillip Hawkins Phil graduated with degrees in Biology and Chemistry before completing 4 years in a MD/PhD program at the University of Nebraska. He has spent over 4 years in MCAT preparation, now working full-time to help develop Next Step’s MCAT materials.
Here is what one of Phil’s students said about him:
“Philip is great at taking complex topics and explaining them in ways that are easy to understand. I wish he would’ve been my tutor when I was taking physics in undergrad! After working with him, I increased my MCAT by 15 points. I am now an M1 at Washington University, and I couldn’t have done it without him!”
MCAT Pricing and Comparison
Our goal has always been to offer the highest quality prep for significantly less than any other major MCAT prep class company. We created this class to bring the highest quality MCAT prep course at a price that cannot be beat. We think we have accomplished this goal. Next Step’s Online MCAT Course retails for $1,299 and includes:
- 6 months of access to all online resources including study planner, videos, question bank, and the NS full-lengths
- 6 months of access to MCAT Office Hours live sessions and live Strategy Reviews
- A complete set of all 11 Next Step MCAT books, revised January 2017 (PDFs also available)
- Access to all AAMC full-length MCAT exams plus AAMC Official Guide Passage Pack (1 year access directly through AAMC’s interface)
- Next Step’s Instructor and score guarantees*
Why is Next Step’s course so much more affordable? It’s simple: Most major MCAT test preparation companies offer in-person classes. In-person MCAT classes mean more overhead cost for the company; there’s rent to pay after all. Online MCAT classes aren’t burdened by those costs and the prices should reflect those savings, though they rarely do. Next Step thinks it’s time for a change, so we pass our savings onto you!
Next Step accepts Paypal Credit for the purchase of our online MCAT course. With Paypal Credit, accepted applicants may receive up to 6 months no-interest financing. To use or apply for Pay Pal credit select Pay Pal as your payment method at checkout then follow the prompts. Want to learn more about Pay Pal Credit – Click here to view terms and conditions.
|Next Step MCAT Class||Kaplan MCAT On-Demand|
|Full Length Exams (Including AAMC Exams)||13||13|
|Live Online Office Hours||10+ Hours Per Week||Zero|
If you have already purchased exams from us your enrollment will be discounted:
4 Exam Bundle: Enroll for $1,200
6 Exam Bundle: Enroll for $1,150
10 Exam Bundle: Enroll for $1,050
Ready to upgrade your account? Click below:
New to Next Step? Click below to enroll:
Best class. Best guarantees.
Next Step Instructor Guarantee
Please — before you sign up for any MCAT program, make sure you understand the specific credentials of the MCAT instructors who put the program together and from whom you will be learning on a daily basis. You will not find this level of assurance on instructor quality from any other major prep company. Everyone you interact with during your Next Step Online MCAT Course will have:
- Scored in the 98th or 99th percentile on the real actual AAMC MCAT
- Taught for 4+ years (often at another company before joining Next Step)
- Received universally excellent marks in student reviews
- Worked as a member of our content team, writing and editing our MCAT prep material (gaining a higher level of familiarity with the way the AAMC thinks)
Next Step Score Guarantee
We offer the simplest score guarantee in the industry:
- If at the end of six months of using our course you don’t feel ready to take the MCAT, you can elect to extend your access for an additional 6 months to continue prepping
- If your MCAT score improves, but you’re not satisfied with the improvement, you can extend your access for an additional 6 months to prep for a re-take
- If your official MCAT score does not improve over a previous official MCAT score or your Next Step Diagnostic test taken within 2 weeks of starting the course, you can either receive a refund of your tuition or receive another 6 months to prep for a re-take*
*For full details and course enrollment agreement click here
Try us out for FREE!
Free Demo Course. Free Diagnostic. Free Full Length MCAT.
Don’t take our word for what’s included in our course. Please sign up for a free sample of our program. This sample includes:
- Free Full-Length MCAT practice test
- Free Half-Length MCAT diagnostic
- Free MCAT Science diagnostic
- Access to a sample QBank quiz
- Access to the first lesson video and a selection of content review videos
If you sign up for our free demo you keep these resources and study guides for free. You also can work through the first unit of our program and see if it’s the right fit.
I already bought Next Step’s Full-Length Exams. Can I get a discount?
Payment and Terms