Grad School Road Map and Next Step Test Preparation have teamed up to make sure you get all of the information you need for whatever admissions test you need to take. Next Step focuses exclusively on providing fully customized, 1-on-1 tutoring for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, and DAT. Fill out the form below to schedule your free consultation and claim your $50 discount.
Why 1-on-1 Tutoring?
Students learn better from individual attention. Prep courses curriculum was designed around the “average” student as it has to be for a class of 20 students. However, not all students are average. Students who started under that average often got lost, as the pace of the class zoomed by them. On the other hand high-performing students looking to break into the 90th percentile are bored to tears. Often students fall into both camps — lost on one topic while completely bored in an area they had mastered. That contrasted with my work in one-on-one tutoring environments. When students work with a personal instructor, they move at the students’ pace. This allows students to focus on areas where they need the most help leading to a more efficient, and effective test prep experience.
High Quality Tutoring No Matter Where You Are
Next Step Test Prep is committed to providing test preparation to any student who needs it. No matter where you are, we have you covered. It doesn’t matter if you are located in LA or Ames Iowa. With tutors in 35 cities and the ability to do tutoring online you will have access to high quality tutoring no matter where you are.
Personalized Tutoring Program
Each Next Step student works through a completely custom program. From start date to test day, you’ll work one-on-one with a veteran instructor to help you earn your best possible score. Since everything we do is completely customized, we can put together a program to help you succeed. We work with:
- Students who have already taken their test but have fallen short of their goals — and who need to improve to be competitive for their program of choice
- Students who need to hit an above average score in order to gain acceptance to their top choice program.
- Students with busy or varying schedules who need test prep that fits into their life.
One-on-One Tutoring Program Overview
Each of our students begins with a diagnostic exam to gauge their current score level and to understand initial strengths and weaknesses. (If you have an existing official score report we will review those scores instead). Students meet with their instructor once or twice per week, usually for two hours at a time. At each session:
- Students have the opportunity to discuss questions on their homework and re-assess their overall progress
- New topics are covered in-depth
- Students focus on issues of particular concern identified by their tutor
- Specific homework and practice exams are assigned for completion between study sessions
- Students who meet their instructors in person generally meet at a public or university library (or a quiet coffee shop).
- Depending on the test you are preparing for you may need anywhere from 2-6 months to prepare. However, we have also helped students successfully optimize a shorter time frame for maximum gain.
Copyright Next Step Test Preparation 2015.