Full-Time MCAT/Pre-Health Instructor
Next Step Test Preparation employs a small number of full-time teaching fellows. This is an ideal position for those looking to take 1-2 years off before medical school, who wish to maintain geographic flexibility while earning a professional salary, or those looking to teach professionally.
Note: We also have part-time positions for those looking to work 6-20 hours per week.
About the Position
Most test preparation positions are part-time, forcing applicants to take on another full-time job. Next Step has had enormous mutual success with full-time instructors, giving our instructors a professional salary, benefits, and employment security. In this position, you will instruct students in a one-on-one setting 25-30 hours per week. The balance of your time will include writing and editing MCAT content like practice questions, holding office hours, and interfacing with our management team. Much of our instruction is done via videoconference, creating possibilities for applicants looking to do light travel during their employment with us. Before we make full-time offers, applicants will go through our training process and begin work with 1-2 students part-time.
Salary and Benefits
- Professional-level starting salary, commensurate with experience
- Health care plan
- Retirement fund matching
- Paid vacation and sick time
- A supportive work environment with smart co-workers who care about helping our students
- 513+ on the MCAT with 515+ highly preferred. For instructors with specific MCAT teaching experience we can accept scores of 33+ on the old scale. Note: We do not hire instructors who have not actually sat for the MCAT exam
- Availability to work at least 12 consecutive months in this position
- Ability to teach all 4 sections of the revised exam (with training)
- Friendly and caring personality
- Past teaching experience with references
To Apply Email resume and brief summary of relevant experience to [email protected]