Bryan Schnedeker, Next Step’s Vice President for MCAT Content, discusses what we’ve learned about the revised MCAT over its first two years. The revised MCAT is a huge challenge for pre-meds and a powerful tool for admissions committees, but has it lived up to the AAMC’s goals? During this short webinar, Bryan shares the insights learned by the Next Step MCAT team after working with thousands of pre-meds for the new format MCAT. Bryan also discusses the results from the Beta program of our online MCAT course during the webinar.
Topics covered include:
- How the revised MCAT changes the way pre-meds should prepare for the exam
- Changes made to the MCAT test dates and locations
- The Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior section of the exam
- Changes in the difficulty of passages on the exam and how this affects testing
- How the revised MCAT has affected admissions decisions and test prep
Watch a recording of the webinar below to learn about these topics and more. Next Step’s goal is to make sure that pre-meds have the resources to help them prepare for and succeed on test day. We offer a free MCAT practice bundle for students just getting started with their preparations as well as one-on-one MCAT tutoring and an online MCAT course for students at any point in their prep.
We also have resources available specifically for pre-health advisors. These include exclusive discounts for your students and free MCAT resources for your library. You can sign up here.
You can download the slides and presentation notes here.